The pleasant Owlpure peppermint essential oil is extremely fresh, rich in its minty aroma, and quite uplifting. Peppermint (also known as Mentha x Piperita) is a hybrid of Water mint and Spearmint. They are native to Europe and the Middle East. Peppermint Essential oil is extracted from the partly dried peppermint plant by steam distillation. The Chemical components of Peppermint oil are as follows-
Menthol, Menthyl acetate, menthone, 1,8-Cineole, Limonene, beta-pinene, and beta-caryophyllene.
It has a range of color from colorless to pale yellow-greenish and has a pungent taste.
Uses of Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint oil is used topically and aromatically to address a large number of health issues like seasonal allergy symptoms, headaches, nausea, respiratory issues etc. It is useful in treating many skin and hair problems.
Its great antimicrobial properties freshen, soothes the irritated and acne-prone skin. Useful in the scalp treatment, it stimulates the blood circulation and boosts the hair growth, also reduce the greasiness. Acts as an effective massage oil and provides relief from pain and cramps.
Relieve Headache, Muscle pain and Joint Pain
Peppermint essential oil cooling effect along with its anti-inflammatory benefits helps in reducing joint pains, muscle pain, and headache. The pain resulting from these problems make us lazy and do not allow us to concentrate on our work. See the instructions below, how Peppermint essential oil helps in reducing the pain.
- Lavender oil
- Peppermint essential oil
How to Use
- Take 2-3 drops of Peppermint essential oil and dilute it with lavender oil.
- Rub it on the area of concern. Repeat the process three times a day.
- Also, adding 5 -7 drops of peppermint oil in warm bath water will reduce the muscle and joint pain.
- If you have Epsom salt then add it also to get the better and effective result.
Provide Respiratory Benefits
Peppermint oil contains vitamin A and C, unsaturated fats, and minerals; yet the primary part is menthol, which gives the minty aroma and cooling sensation. Peppermint oil helps in purifying lung and upper respiratory system.
How to use
- If you are going through the respiratory problems, then rub take about 2-3 drops of peppermint oil to your temples, chest, and back of the neck
- Also, you can add 5 drops of peppermint essential oil to the diffuser.
Freshen Breath and takes care of Oral Health
Bad breath is caused by the growth of bacteria inside the mouth. If you are facing the problem of bad breath and want to know that hoe to get rid of bad breath? In that, you do not have to do much but use peppermint essential oil. See the below instruction and find out how to use it in order to fight the problem of persistent bad breath.
- Add 1 drop of peppermint essential oil to your normal toothpaste and brush with it regularly.
- By doing so you can get rid of the bad breath problem.
Promote Hair Growth
People are facing lots of issues related to hair. Peppermint oil helps in maintaining the health and condition of hair. The antimicrobial, insecticidal and pesticidal, analgesic and anesthetic, vasodilating, anti-inflammatory properties of Peppermint oil treats the itching, dry and other problems on scalp. Menthol in peppermint fundamental oil is a vasodilator, and vasodilators enhance blood flow. Baldness or hair loss occurs because of starved blood flow to hair follicles. Increasing the circulation of blood with a vasodilator like a peppermint could enhance hair development and keep some male pattern baldness. So, if you also want to get long and healthy hair, do follow the steps given below
- Peppermint oil
- Coconut oil
- Jojoba oil
- Shea Butter oil
How to use-
- Add about 2-4 drops of peppermint essential oil to your scalp massage oil.
- Or also, you can dilute it with one tablespoon of carrier oil like coconut oil, jojoba oil, or shea butter oil.
- Massage that oil into your scalp. It may give a feeling of sensation. Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash with your regular shampoo.
- Also, you can simply add a few drops of peppermint oil straight into your shampoo and enjoy the benefits.
Peppermint oil treats and relieves the pain caused by the sunburns by hydrating the skin. This oil has SPF (Sun Protection Factor) value higher than all other essential oils.
- Peppermint Essential oil
- Coconut oil
How to use
- Take a teaspoon of coconut oil
- Add 2-3 drops of Peppermint Essential oil
- Then apply it to the affected area and see the result.
Get Relief from Nausea
Nausea refers to the feeling of a disrupted stomach and a general unease, which regularly prompts vomiting. It is a far-reaching and not at all a pleasant experience, which can have a wide range of reasons from gorging a headache.
How to use:
- To get rid of nausea, just inhale peppermint oil directly from the oil containing bottle.
- Or you can add a few drops of peppermint oil to a hot water bowl and breathe in that steam.
- Also, you can rub 1– 2 drops of peppermint essential oil behind your ears.
Note- Pregnant women should consult their doctor before following this remedy.
Works as Insect Repellent
Unlike us people, various little critters hate the scent of peppermint oil, including ants, creepy crawlies, cockroaches, mosquitos, mice and perhaps even lice.
- Distilled water/Boiled Water
- Witch Hazel
- Peppermint Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Essential oil
- Lemongrass Essential oil
- Clove Essential Oil
- Spray bottle
How to Use Owlpure Peppermint Essential oil:
- Take 1/4 cup distilled or boiled water in a spray bottle. Add 2 teaspoons of witch hazel.
- Then, mix two teaspoons of vodka and 25 drops peppermint essential oil.
- Add 10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil, clove essential oil, and lemongrass essential oil in it.
- Spray the homemade bug spray around the surroundings and shake the bottle very well before each application.
Owlpure Peppermint essential oil is a medicinal plant that has numerous benefits. It is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint and also called as Mentha x Piperita. It has a pungent smell and color can vary from colorless to pale yellow-greenish. Using Peppermint essential oil, you can prepare many homemade remedies by yourself.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
As we know that everything is good when taken in a limited amount. The same thing applies to the intake of peppermint oil. Some of the things that you need to take care of are-
- You should not apply Peppermint essential oil directly to your body as it is very concentrated and may affect you in a bad way.
- Store the Peppermint essential oil in amber coloured water so that oil can be protected from UV rays. Also, avoid keeping it under the sun.
- It is not recommended for those people who have diabetes because the use of peppermint oil may increase the hypoglycemia or low blood sugar.
- People having a hiatus hernia should also avoid using Peppermint oil.
- The Person suffering from gastroesophageal reflux diseases should stay away from using it.
- It ought not to be utilized with an antacid. This is on the grounds that some peppermint supplements are in the capsule form. Their covering may separate too quickly if the patient is additionally taking an antacid, expanding the danger of acid reflux.
- Usage of Peppermint essential oil is not recommended for infants or young children, because its application can cause skin irritations.
- For sensitive skin, you should always dilute peppermint essential oil with any carrier oil.
- The direct consumption of peppermint essential oil is not recommended, also keep away from the reach of Children.